- other projects
For our second contest, submissions are entirely open to the world… so long as you submit using social media.
- You can use any combination of media… however you want
- The deadline is the end of September 15
- Entry cost is $5/submission
- All submissions are subject to applicable copyright laws
To officially submit, you must use Submittable
- Include in your submission a link to every post that is part of your book, in the order it’s intended to be read
- If the book is to be read in a non-linear fashion, please still include all of the links and explain clearly how the book works
- Because of the nature of this contest, submissions will not be anonymous
Judges: Evan Karp + TBA
- Tag each post #qlbooks
- That’s all!
If you want, here are some other tags:
Facebook: @Quiet Lightning
- Will we give you examples of how this might work? No. We don’t want to limit you.
- Formatting, particularly for poetry, can be edited once winner(s) is/are chosen. There is no need to send a different formatting in your Submittable file; use the media the best you can.
- Yes, author(s) of selected entry/entries will receive a basic publishing contract, including royalties.
- If you have specific questions, please contact us: evan at quietlightning dot org.
profile by loonarcity
- Poetry Flash: Melba Joyce Boyd, M.L. Liebler, + Brian Jabas Smith
- Rex Renee Leonowitch Book Release/Funeral Party/Fundraiser: Oakland #2
- Flash Fiction Forum
- Perfectly Queer East Bay presents Dispatches From Lesbian America
- Rex Renee Leonowicz
- Brontez Purnell
- Timothy McSweeney’s Grand 50th Issue Release Party
- Laura Kyriazis + Zaid Shlah
- POETS! – featured readers followed by an open mic
- Cassandra Dallett