- other projects
The American Bookbinders Museum, Nov 7 2016 | site of Quiet Lightning 101
- Learn More »
With your eyes open, open your eyes: here is your chance to read/perform at The American Bookbinders Museum—all forms of writing accepted, with those selected to be uttered by their authors via "Quiet Lightning literary mixtape" style one night only, Monday November 7—a free show for which all authors will be paid!
curated by Kelsey Schimmelman & a guest curator TBD
SUBMISSIONS OPEN through the end of WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 19.
The first 100 humans in attendance shall receive 1 copy of sPARKLE & bLINK. featuring cover art by Blü Voelker!
Don't hesitate to contact us for any reason: email@example.com.
- Send us any kind of writing. Any kind! Make up new kinds and send them to us.
- No one gets more than 8 minutes of reading time. This varies of course but don’t send us more than 1,500 words unless you’ve timed the piece multiple times and your speedy performance of the text somehow enhances it. We sometimes make an exception to this rule, but rarely.
- You may submit more than one attachment, but the word count of your entire submission should not exceed 1,500.
- By submitting, you commit to be present for the date: Monday November 7, 2016.
- Do not put your name anywhere — neither in the submission itself nor in the subject/title/filename of your submission.
- We publish the accepted submissions in sparkle + blink every month. It’s OK to submit previously published writings, but please let us know where they were published so we can give proper attribution.
- You may submit audio, but all submissions must include full text.
- We welcome and encourage submissions in any and all languages, but all submissions must also contain an English translation.