- submission details
- other projects
We are currently accepting submissions for the following:
- If you’d like to submit your artwork to be featured in sparkle + blink, check out our art page.
- If you’d like to submit an (informal) application to co-curate one of our shows, follow this link and let us know.
- If you’d like to submit writing to one of the shows, or to the book contest, you can also read on:
- Quiet Lightning is accepting submissions of all forms of writing for a literary mixtape to be performed live one time only, on Monday, May 4th @ Chez Poulet! Curators TBA soon.Submit! »
The first 100 people to the show get a copy of sPARKLE & bLINK.
*** The deadline for submissions is the end of Wednesday, Apr. 15th. ***
- Send us any kind of writing you've got. Any kind. Make up new kinds and send them to us.
- We rarely feature work that requires more than 8 minutes of reading time (this varies of course but let's say 1,500 words). You may submit more than one attachment, but the word count of your entire submission should not exceed 1,500.
- By submitting, you commit to be present for the date: Monday May 4, 2015.
- Do not put your name anywhere -- neither in the submission itself nor in the subject of your submission.
Don't hesitate to contact us for any reason: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We publish the accepted submissions in sparkle + blink every month. It's OK to submit previously published writings, but please let us know where they were published so we can give proper attribution.
- You may submit audio, but all submissions must include full text.
Quiet Lightning Films is stoked to make another film for 2015. We’ll be working on an experimental short film this time about the people living and working in San Francisco. We will be soliciting entries of non-fiction starting right now and ending on March 1st.
Please send us no more than 2 pages of non-fiction about San Francisco. Non-fiction can include: What does San Francisco mean to you? Why are you here? What’s an experience that stands out to you that defines San Francisco? Are you leaving San Francisco? Have you just moved here? Why? Who are you? What do you do in SF? The weirdest day you’ve ever had here? The worst, the best? If you could reimagine San Francisco? If you could reimagine yourself…
All stories submitted will be incorporated into the script somehow, and all contributors will (of course) be listed in the credits.
By submitting your story to Quiet Lightning Films, you will be granting Quiet Lightning an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, unlimited, nonexclusive, sub-licensable, unrestricted right and license to use, reproduce, modify, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, and create derivative works of the story, in whole or in part, in a film or other audiovisual work (a “Film”) to be used in all media now existing or later developed.
Quiet Lightning Films is directed by Katie Wheeler-Dubin, and she is working together with Mila Puccini on this film. If you have any questions or ideas, please feel free to drop them a line: films at quietlightning dot org.Accepted Document Types: pdf, doc, docx, txt, rtf, wpf, odt, wpdSubmit! »
the generation of literature