- other projects
We’re currently accepting writing submissions of all forms for our July 2 show at a location TBD soon!
This show will be curated by Lapo Guzzini and a guest co-curator TBA soon.
The deadline is end of day Wednesday, June 13—go for it!
StudioToBe, site of Quiet Lightning on May 7, 2018
- Submissions to our Jul 2, 2018 show are open through Wed, Jun 13 (see below).
- If you’d like to submit your artwork to be featured in sparkle + blink, check out our art page.
- If you’d like to submit an (informal) application to co-curate one of our shows, follow this link and let us know.
Read/perform with Quiet Lightning on July 2nd — all forms of writing are accepted, and all selected writers are paid! Curated through a blind process by Lapo Guzzini and Romalyn Schmaltz, this show will be held at Readers Bookstore at Fort Mason.
Submissions are open through end of day Wednesday, June 13.
Entry to this show is $5-20 sliding, with 100% of the door going to the authors. The first 100 people will receive a book featuring all of the selected writing and cover art by a local artist. Authors will read/perform as a literary mixtape, with no introductions or banter.
- Send us any kind of writing. Any kind! Make up new kinds and send them to us.
- No one gets more than 8 minutes of reading time. This varies of course but don’t send us more than 1,500 words unless you’ve timed the piece(s) multiple times and your speedy performance of the text somehow enhances it. We sometimes make an exception to this rule, but rarely.
- You may submit more than one attachment, but the word count of your entire submission should not exceed 1,500.
- By submitting, you commit to be present for the date: Monday Jul 2, 2018.
- Do not put your name anywhere — neither in the submission itself nor in the subject/title/filename of your submission.
- We publish the accepted submissions in sparkle + blink for every mixtape show. It’s OK to submit previously published writings, but please let us know where they were published so we can give props.
- You may submit audio, but all submissions must include full text.
- We welcome and encourage submissions in any and all languages, but all submissions must also contain an English translation.
Don't hesitate to contact us for any reason: email@example.com.