- other projects
Thanks to everyone who sent in writing for our Sept 16 show at Samuel P. Taylor State Park!
We received 71 submissions and will announce the lineup by 8/22.
We will soon open submissions for our Nov 5 show, @ a venue TBA soon.
Check back soon and often! Legend has it if you visit this site at least 2x/mo every month for a year,
all of your dreams will come true for at least a little while 😉
Samuel P. Taylor State Park, site of Poetry in Parks 2016
- Submissions to our Sept 16, 2018 show are open through Fri, Aug 17 (see below).
- If you’d like to submit your artwork to be featured in sparkle + blink, check out our art page.
- If you’d like to submit an (informal) application to co-curate one of our shows, follow this link and let us know.
Read/perform with Quiet Lightning on November 5th @ a location TBA soon — all forms of writing are accepted, and all selected writers are paid! Curated through a blind process -- curators TBA soon as well.
Submissions are open through end of day Wednesday, Oct 17.
Entry to this show is $5-20 sliding, with 100% of the door going to the authors. The first 100 people will receive a book featuring all of the selected writing and cover art by a local artist. Authors will read/perform as a literary mixtape, with no introductions or banter.
- Send us any kind of writing. Any kind! Make up new kinds and send them to us.
- No one gets more than 8 minutes of reading time. This varies of course but don’t send us more than 1,500 words unless you’ve timed the piece(s) multiple times and your speedy performance of the text somehow enhances it. We sometimes make an exception to this rule, but rarely.
- You may submit more than one attachment, but the word count of your entire submission should not exceed 1,500.
- By submitting, you commit to be present for the date: Monday Nov 5, 2018.
- Do not put your name anywhere — neither in the submission itself nor in the subject/title/filename of your submission.
- We publish the accepted submissions in sparkle + blink for every mixtape show. It’s OK to submit previously published writings, but please let us know where they were published so we can give props.
- You may submit audio, but all submissions must include full text.
- We welcome and encourage submissions in any and all languages, but all submissions must also contain an English translation.
Don't hesitate to contact us for any reason: email@example.com.