Hello! We’re happy to announce that we are currently accepting submissions for the debut of Quiet Lightning Films, a reading and screening to be held on Monday, May 12th at The New Parkway in Oakland. This is the last time we’ll be accepting submissions until our July show, as April is being curated by the winners of our first book contest, Zack Haber and Tupelo Hassman, and June is our annual Neighborhood Heroes show … so do give it a shot.
- If you’d like to submit your artwork to be featured in sparkle + blink, check out our art page.
- If you’d like to submit an (informal) application to co-curate one of our shows, follow this link and let us know.
- If you’d like to submit to the May show, read on:
Quiet Lightning is accepting submissions—of all kinds of writing—for our show on Monday, May 12th 2014, which will include the screening of our first film production! The event will be held at The New Parkway in Oakland. Please follow the instructions carefully or your submission(s) will not be considered:
The only guidelines are:
- Send us any kind of writing you've got -- so long as it's a reaction to Amy E. Glasenapp's story "Combustion". We love all kinds of writing -- make up new kinds and send them to us. We're looking for all kinds of reactions -- a poem or rant inspired by the story, an alteration of the story, the addition of an extra character, a review of the story, the story as told by your favorite cartoon character, etc.
- We rarely feature work that requires more than 8 minutes of reading time (this varies of course but let's say 1,500 words).
- If you're sending prose, don't send us more than four pieces (and no more than 2,000 words total). If you're sending poetry, do not send us more than eight poems. Do not submit more than once per show; each submission gives you the option of including up to four attachments.
- By submitting, you commit to be present for the date: Monday May 12, 2014.
- Do not put your name anywhere -- neither in the submission itself nor in the subject of your submission.
- The deadline is the end of Wednesday, April 16th.
- We publish the accepted submissions in sparkle + blink every month. It's OK to submit previously published writings, but please let us know where they were published so we can give proper attribution. The first 100 people to the show will receive a free copy of this special edition of our book.
- You may submit audio, but all submissions must include full text.
--Don't hesitate to contact us for any reason: email@example.com.Accepted Document Types: doc, docx, txt, rtf, mp3, m4a, wpf, odt, wav, wpdSubmit! »
the generation of literature