- other projects
Submissions are open for our May 6 show @ a location TBA soon! Curated by Meghan Thornton + a guest TBA.
- Submissions to our May 6, 2019 show are open through Wed, Apr 10 (see below).
- If you’d like to submit your artwork to be featured in sparkle + blink, check out our art page.
- If you’d like to submit an (informal) application to co-curate one of our shows, follow this link and let us know.
Read/perform with Quiet Lightning on July 1, 2019 @ a venue TBD! All forms of writing are accepted, and all selected writers are paid! This show will be curated through a blind process by our first Quiet Lightning Disruptor and their co-curator of choice, TBA at our show at Arion Press on May 6. It will also be the publication + release of our 100th issue of sPARKLE & bLINK!
Submissions are open through end of day Wednesday, June 5, 2019.
This is a FREE, all-ages show, with a suggested donation of $5-20 if you'd like Quiet Lightning to be sustainable (to help pay the authors, the venue, and for the books) -- the first 100 people will receive a book featuring all of the selected writing (regardless of donation) and cover art by a local artist TBA soon (pictured is work by May's featured artist Nathalie Fabri), and authors will read/perform as a literary mixtape, with no introductions or banter.
- Send us any kind of writing. Any kind! Make up new kinds and send them to us.
- No one gets more than 8 minutes of reading time. This varies of course but don’t send us more than 1,500 words unless you’ve timed the piece(s) multiple times and your speedy performance of the text somehow enhances it. We sometimes make an exception to this rule, but rarely.
- You may submit more than one attachment, but the word count of your entire submission should not exceed 1,500.
- By submitting, you commit to be present for the date: Monday July 1, 2019.
- Do not put your name anywhere — neither in the submission itself nor in the subject/title/filename of your submission.
- We publish the accepted submissions in sparkle + blink for every mixtape show. It’s OK to submit previously published writings, but please let us know where they were published so we can give props.
- You may submit audio, but all submissions must include full text.
- We welcome and encourage submissions in any and all languages, but all submissions must also contain an English translation.
Don't hesitate to contact us for any reason: firstname.lastname@example.org.