- other projects
Featuring: Baruch Porras-Hernandez » Natasha Dennerstein » Sarah Arantza Amador » Cassandra Dallett » Sage Yockelson » Danielle Bero » Jennifer Barone » Jill Tydor » Claire Calderón » Riss Rosado » Tomas Moniz | Jason Ridler » William Taylor Jr. » Vanessa Wilkinson » Tony Press » Brennan DeFrisco » Natasha Dennerstein » Ari Moskowitz » Heather Bourbeau » Natasha Dennerstein » Elizaye Quate » Josiah Alderete
How much/what else: Free, all ages, and open to all—the first 100 people will receive a book featuring all of the selected writing and cover art by local artist Darlene Alvarez! Thanks to a grant from the San Francisco Arts Commission all selected artists will be paid, and will read/perform as a literary mixtape, with no introductions or banter.
thanks to everyone who submitted!
76 submissions, accepted 20 (26%)
8 first-timers (40%), 12 returning (60%)
Baruch Porras-Hernandez (2x)
Cassandra Dallett (13x)
Jennifer Barone (1x)
Jill Tydor (2x)
Tomas Moniz (7x)
William Taylor Jr. (8x)
Tony Press (1x)
Brennan DeFrisco (1x)
Ari Moskowitz (1x)
Heather Bourbeau (2x)
Elizaye Quate (1x)
Josiah Alderete (1x)
It’s going to be @ Clarion Music Performing Arts Center!
Read/perform with Quiet Lightning on May 6, 2019 @ a venue TBD. All forms of writing are accepted, and all selected writers are paid! Curated through a blind process -- curators TBA soon as well.
Submissions are open through end of day Wednesday, April 10, 2019.
This is a FREE, all-ages show, with a suggested donation of $5-20 to help pay the authors, the venue, and for the books -- the first 100 people will receive a book featuring all of the selected writing, and authors will read/perform as a literary mixtape, with no introductions or banter.
- Send us any kind of writing. Any kind! Make up new kinds and send them to us.
- No one gets more than 8 minutes of reading time. This varies of course but don’t send us more than 1,500 words unless you’ve timed the piece(s) multiple times and your speedy performance of the text somehow enhances it. We sometimes make an exception to this rule, but rarely.
- You may submit more than one attachment, but the word count of your entire submission should not exceed 1,500.
- By submitting, you commit to be present for the date: Monday May 6, 2019.
- Do not put your name anywhere — neither in the submission itself nor in the subject/title/filename of your submission.
- We publish the accepted submissions in sparkle + blink for every mixtape show. It’s OK to submit previously published writings, but please let us know where they were published so we can give props.
- You may submit audio, but all submissions must include full text.
- We welcome and encourage submissions in any and all languages, but all submissions must also contain an English translation.
Don't hesitate to contact us for any reason: email@example.com.