with art by Inés Laresgoiti
and a free potluck picnic with live music starting at 4:30pm — stay tuned for details!
100 John F. Kennedy Drive | 7:30pm
• $5-10 suggested. No one turned away for lack of funds. More always accepted! First 100 people to pay receive a free copy of this month’s sparkle + blink.
• $3 ice cold drafts courtesy of Lagunitas.
- We will announce Quiet Lightning Books — and our very first book contest — at this show. You don’t have to be there to enter the contest, but you will have a huge advantage!
- The Bay Bridge will be closed. Please make travel plans ahead of time! BART will be running, but if you need a ride please let us know. Here are directions of every kind.
- Things are heating up! This will be our 48th show. Number 49 will be in Kerouac Alley as part of CITY LIGHTS @ 60. We’re accepting submissions through the end of Wednesday, Sept 4.
- Our 50th show will be part of Litquake on Monday, October 14th. Save that date!
- We received 59 submissions for this show and accepted 12 (20% — maybe our all-time highest).
- In this month’s show:
- 5 first-timers (42%)
- 3 second-timers (25%)
- Elise Hunter, Matt Leibel, and Moneta Goldsmith are third-timers (25%)
- Charles Kruger will appear for his fifth time (8% more than 3x)
If you’d like to volunteer for this show, please send us a line at volunteer AT quietlightning DOT org.
Here’s a bonus taste of things to come: