The Greenhouse Effect returns! Monday, August 5th • Conservatory of Flowers
Carleen Tibbetts • Paul Corman-Roberts • Peter Bullen • Tory Adkisson • Kara Vernor • Melissa Graeber • Linette Escobar • Tracey Knapp • Molly Giles • Miquila Alejandre • Patrick O’Neil
Thanks to everyone who sent us work. We had a difficult time putting these two shows together, as there was a lot of work we wanted to accept but couldn’t. Below you will find submission stats; first, our lineup for our 50th show: Litquake on Monday, October 14th:
Sean Labrador y Manzano • Kelly Egan • Ken Grobe • Naomi Goldner • Davy Carren • Charlie Getter • Jennifer Cheng • Neil Carman • Kai Carlson-Wee • Chloé Veylit • Janet Frishberg • Mira Martin-Parker • Jason Schenheit
Whether you submitted, were accepted or not, or did not submit to the above shows, we hope you will send some of your writing in for one or more of the following :
- Monday, September 2nd (Labor Day) @ Conservatory of Flowers
- Sunday, September 22nd w/City Lights in Kerouac Alley
- November TBA w/Center for the Art of Translation
Get involved. We’re always down to bounce ideas off of new people, and if you have some we’d be happy to hear them. We’re also always accepting tax-deductible donations, but right now we’re trying to raise money so we can rent Chicken John’s bus and feed people dinner on our way across the Golden Gate Bridge to December’s show with Why There Are Words (and speaking of meals, on Labor Day we have a big free-for-all potluck picnic on the COF lawn with live music).
Hope you’ll join us on August 5th. It’s going to be quite the homecoming.
- August 5th
- 78 submissions, 12 accepted (15%)
- Miquila Alejandre has read for us once, and Paul Corman-Roberts 11 times (!) (tied only by Siamak Vossoughi). Everyone else reads here for the first time (83%).
- October 14th
- 95 submissions, 13 accepted (14%)
- Sean Labrador y Manzano, Kelly Egan, Jason Schenheit, and Kai Carlson-Wee have each read once, Davy Carren 2x, Charlie Getter 4x, and Mira Martin-Parker 8x. Six of thirteen are first-timers (46%).
- Both shows
- 111 submissions, 25 accepted (23%)
- 16 of the 25 are first-timers (64%)