- other projects
A monthly performance series co-created by Quiet Lightning’s Evan Karp as The Emerald Tablet‘s first original program, Under the Influence presents five artists reading or performing a favorite influence and responding with original work that in some way channels or reflects that influence. Each artist gets 15 minutes of total performance time, and chooses a person who performs in the next month’s show. One spot each month is determined by an open call for submissions.
Under the Influence ran monthly from March 2013 to June 2015, and is on indefinite hiatus… as a performance series. The saga continues through a chain of essays, begun by Jack Foley in the second issue of vitriol magazine, which you can read in full below; Jack selected Ivan Argüelles, who’s essay is forthcoming in issue 3.
profile by loonarcity
- Rabih Alameddine
- Charif Shanahan + Sam Sax
- Jeanne Powell & Avotcja – POETS! – featured readers to be announced followed by an open mic
- Javier Zamora: Unaccompanied
- Babylon Salon Winter ’17 Reading
- BAPC First Saturday Reading
- InsideStorytime LAYERS
- Helen Benedict w/ Ayelet Waldman
- Spring Washam: A Fierce Heart
- Gail Mitchell + Michael Koch