- other projects
Art, Readings, & Reactions
Dreaming shadows lie along roots in the courtyard,
leaves splaying sunlight into puppet theater.
Leaf cutter ants,
drying clothes dripping,
papaya ripening on their vines.
A few white feathers strewn about the yard.
Two dark bloodspots shimmer among them.
Esperanza is crying in her dark cool bedroom.
Her abuela is washing lemons in the kitchen.
Doña Palacio’s wet hands attract feathers
as she heats water for soup.
Isidora hears her daughter crying
from her bed in the room by the courtyard.
Her head aches,
and she nestles her fever further into the pillow,
listening to her child weep for a friend.
– “Soup” by Karim Quesada-Khoury
Say, young chap
Looks so smart
so decked out
put your piston down
so ready to bore into
the muzzle of this gun
Ah, from our foundry I see
We will be taking it back
that collar snug and high
the plume outrageous
Yes, a good one, excellent caliber
does the job
what arrogance in the locks
such restraint in the recoil
Time to come along
review your allegiance
profile by loonarcity
- Jeffrey Tambor
- Joel Selvin + John Hell
- InsideStorytime DEFIANCE
- Claire Dederer w/ Peggy Orenstein
- David Brazil w/ Julien Poirier
- Perfectly Queer-East Bay: Sea Change Story Hour
- Peg Alford Pursell + Robert Thomas Reading
- Magazine Launch Party: Forum (CCSF)
- Whistlestop Writers Open Mic
- Smut: An Unseemly Story (The Greening of Mrs. Donaldson)