- submission details
- other projects
Hi there. If you’d like to co-curate one of our shows, you’re in the right place. This is now a tried-and-true process˚; in 2013, we had 15 different curators! It goes like this:
- Send an email to submit AT quietlightning DOT org
- Tell us why you want to put a show together.
- Tell us why you’re qualified. This can include any number of things: a fortune spent on formal education, attendance at a large number of Quiet Lightnings, you’ve written 10,000 poems this year… endless, really, are the potential qualifications.
- Curating a show requires a commitment of, at minimum, 12 hours of intensive focus—often more, and in a specific window of time (our submissions usually close at the end of the Wednesday three weeks before each show, and everything needs to be decided by mid-afternoon of the following Sunday).
- Curating precludes you from submitting. This should be obvious, but needs saying.
After you send us a note with the above information (and commitment), we will send you a confirmation email and review your application. It doesn’t need to be formal at all. We will start a collection of interested parties, an, each month’s curator (who will be either a Quiet Lightning board member or staff member) will be allowed to choose whoever they want as a co-curator; they do not have to choose from the pile of people expressing interest, but will have those applications to consider.
˚ Until December 2012, at our three-year anniversary show, curators were decided based on frequency and availability. Now, in addition to the five board members and original board member Charles Kruger, curators have included Nicole McFeely, Ceri Bevan, SB Stokes, Sandra Wassilie, Christian Lee, Sarah Griff, Janey Smith, D.W. Lichtenberg, Kelsey Schimmelman, Lauren Traetto, Katie Wheeler-Dubin, Ian Tuttle, Spencer Kaidi, Sarah Ciston, Sarah Carpenter, Emma Smith, Lapo Guzzini, Caroline Kessler, Allison Hummel,Sara Marinelli, Shideh Etaat, and Sean Taylor.
• May 4 @ Chez Poulet
- storm market st. march 2, free beer
- chemical wedding on feb 15 / submissions for mar 2 / recap from viracocha / visual art + film
- viracocha + water under the bridge
- jan 5 @ green apple books on the park
- vitriol, pushcarts, doc’s lab, ekphrasis + green apple books on the park, vids from the emerald tablet
the generation of literature