- submission details
- other projects
Posts by: evan
If every artist is a reason, there are about 500 reasons to attend our show on Monday.
The show is in conjunction with ArtSpan + SOMArts, whose annual SF Open Studios and Day of the Dead exhibitions showcasing the work of over 450 local artists will be on view at SOMArts during the event.
Doors open at 6:30; come check out the art and have some cheap ice cold Lagunitas straight from Petaluma via keg (wine and non-alcoholic bevs will be available too).
Get advance tickets to reserve a book and a seat.
Announcing our November 10 venue: Viracocha!
Submissions are open through the end of Wednesday, Oct 22. We’ve done one show there, premiered the QL Chorus. Will we use both floors, one floor, the piano, the cat? Haha you’ll just have to see. Kelsey Schimmelman (pictured «) is curating this show.
On Sunday, Oct 19 we’ve got Derrick Brown, Bucky Sinister, Alexandra Naughton and Casey Childers reading with music by Randall Sena and Vince DeWald! Lagunitas will also be there, at The Emerald Tablet, for a 5pm show. You can reserve a seat here.
Our next show is part of Litquake on Monday October 13th, and will feature the following authors:
with art by our own Sidney Stretz!
We’re sort of famous for good (Litquake) shows. This is our 5th year and our 5th Litquake! Watch and/or read our first four:
- 2010, Lit Crawl @ Gestalt Haus
- 2011 @ San Francisco Conservatory of Flowers
- 2012 @ San Francisco Conservatory of Flowers
- 2013 @ San Francisco Conservatory of Flowers
This will be our 65th show, and the 58th issue of sparkle + blink. The first 150 people in attendance will receive a copy. Be there early; this show is in conjunction with ArtSpan & SOMArts, whose annual SF Open Studios and Day of the Dead exhibitions—showcasing the work of over 450 local artists—will be on view at SOMArts during the event. Come check it out!
+ cheap ice cold drafts courtesy of Lagunitas
Monday October 13
SOMArts, 934 Brannan Street
- We received 75 submissions and accepted 14 (19%)
- Return readers this month:
- Peter Bullen (5x)
- Kate Folk (1x)
- Linette Escobar (1x)
- Kai Carlson-Wee (2x)
- Chloé Veylit (2x)
- Karen Penley (7x)
- Shideh Etaat (4x)
- First Timers: 7 (50%)
On the Horizon
- Submissions are open for our November 10th show, location and curators TBD
- The second show of our new series w/Name Drop Swamp Records will be on Sunday, October 19 @ The Emerald Tablet. Two bands, four authors TBA soon! Here’s footage of the first one.
- December is our 5-yr anniversary. Save the date: December 14th!
ps. Thanks to everyone who came to Lookout Point to watch the sunset with us, and to all of you who stuck around for our first cave show! If you missed it, enjoy these photos courtesy of Gracie Malley and our Instagram friends:
five-year anniversary events
• Dec 4 literary mixtape + art exhibition first look @ The Emerald Tablet
• Dec 14 @ Doc's Lab, a Chemical Wedding w/Name Drop Swamp Records: readings by Melissa Stein, Maw Shein Win, Benjamin Wachs, and Jason R Jimenez + music by Shenandoah Davis and Sean Nelson! | Get tix | RSVP
our short film, Combustion
the generation of literature