- other projects
We’re publishing a magazine called vitriol, part of a new bimonthly series that brings together musicians and authors. The release party for the first issue is Sunday, December 14th at 6:30pm at Doc’s Lab, with readings by Melissa Stein, Maw Shein Win, Benjamin Wachs, and Jason R Jimenez, music by Shenandoah Davis and Sean Nelson! 21+, $15 includes magazine
Because we love the challenge at the end of every year to select six of the best pieces we published—in 13 books, two chapbooks, and a magazine, featuring 118 different authors!—this year we’re thrilled to have nominated the following:
- Elena Mauli Shapiro: “December 25, 1989” « watch • read
- Matthew Zapruder: “To Sergio Franchi” « read
- Peter Orner: “Shhhhhh, Arthur’s Studying” « watch • read
- Kai Carlson-Wee: “Holes in the Mountain” « watch • read • bonus video
- Christine No: “Mattress Man” « watch • read
- Colin Winnette: “Ghost Mountain Island Murder Mystery” « read
When you have a chance, treat yourself and give them a watch:
We’re doing a yearlong back and forth between visual art and writing, concluding with a gallery show and reading in December 2015. We’re currently open to visual art and would love you to submit, or to tell someone you know… the first two selections will launch us off on an unpredictable series! Let’s see where they take us.
@ green apple books on the park, jan. 5
And submissions are open! Through the end of Wednesday, December 17. Do it. Read in that beautiful bookstore. Get in there; sparkle + blink for the first 100 people. Curated by Sara Marinelli, Shideh Etaat + Evan Karp.
report from the emerald tablet
Would love to see you on December 14th!