- other projects
Magically, you are alive. This comes with many blessings. Not the least of these is your ability to make decisions. What a great deal this is! For your consideration is the following event that will take place with or without you but will probably be a lot cooler if you decide to go (so please do. You see, one of our blessings is the ability to try to convince you we know what’s good for you. We do):
On Monday, April 5, Quiet Lightning will make it’s fourth strike @ Gestalt [ 3159 16th St btwn Valencia + Guerrero ]. Readers will include the following super-beings:
- Nic Alea
- Jennifer Capo
- Will Clark
- Paul Corman-Roberts
- Andrew O Dugas
- Charlie Getter
- Julia Halprin Jackson
- MG Martin
- Caitlin Myer
- Tess Patalano
- Ryan Peterson
- Shanthi Sekaran
- Sara Stroud
- Ian Tuttle
- William Taylor Jr.
- and for the second passage of S’napse—which is now up!—Andrew Paul Nelson
Yes, there has been a venue change! We are meeting @ Gestalt again only this time it’s private! Quiet Lightning will fill the place up, so come one, come all—bring books to give away, swap, sell (if you wrote em), etc.
We’ll begin @ 7 and go until about 9 or so, so bring $2 to get in and some money for booze (no one will be refused and we will take more as donation if you can spare it). We also have some announcements:
- If you’re not familiar with the idea behind S’napse, read this. Andrew Paul Nelson was chosen out of the hat to add to Alia Volz’ initial passage: “Won’t You Be My Neighbor;” he has responded with “Wrinkles,” which is a poem in 3 parts. Only 2 parts are up. You are invited to respond either with part 3 or a text of your own concoction. At the intermission of April 5, put your name in the hat; one person will be chosen at the end of the night and they will respond by April 14, when submissions for May are due (it’s tight this month!). Their piece will go up on the blog as the third addition; they will then finish the first set with their piece on May 3 and it will be published in our new monthly zine, sPARKLE & bLINK (along with the rest of the accepted submissions).
- Everyone subscribed to the mailing list will be entered into a monthly raffle. The winner gets 1 ticket to see the subsequent month’s play @ American Conservatory Theater, in this case Round and Round the Garden. There is a catch, of course: you have to go with me, Evan! (I am sorry about this. I asked for an extra ticket so I could give two away, but hey; press only gets you so far. The good news is, ACT is amazing. I will draw on the day of this upcoming show, the 5th, and announce the winner @ the end. Then we’ll coordinate the best time for both of us. Exciting, yes?
- We are taking submissions of artwork for the fabulous postcards that accompany each event. They should be scaled to 4×6. Pretty much anything goes except erotica – unless its tasteful. We here @ QL are o so refined. Keep in mind that text will cover at least half of your image. We accept photos too, and proudly give credit where credit is due.
- We are very pleased to announce that the next episode will take place May 3 @ Mina Dresden Gallery. This means a few of things:
- We will be surrounded by artwork.
- There will be no microphone.
- You should bring as many pillows as you can carry. It’s going to be intimate!
We’ve got some surprises lined up for June . . . like front page news surprises. Get ready!
love and excitement,
evan and raja